Over the last few weeks I have to a larger extent than before tried to do stuff with Shortcuts. While some of it is amazing, other parts are really weirdly terrible.
- Why isn’t there any good way of doing a multi-value form in there?
- Why can’t I just give any block a name without having to add a “set variable” block?! Would have made it a lot easier to find things.
- The mac app is really fucking slow
- Why isn’t there something like a function?
- I really wish it had better data structures and blocks to deal with them. Like lists, adding, removing, finding, filtering etc.
- And the features for changing shortcuts as you go are really terrible. Most of the time when I move things around I usually have to re-assign most of the variables affected.
In the end I ended up just writing a simple app in SwiftUI for the more complex of the things I tried to solve with Shortcuts.