A while back I killed my wiki, and left Obsidian behind. For time being I just dumped the parts I cared about into OmniOutliner and deleted the rest. And at the same time I moved my tasks into there from OmniFocus.
It became clear very fast that this was not a sustainable solution long term. But I was fine with it as I looked for something I liked.
Currently I have landed on my own system based on The Archive and Zettelkasten. On iOS I use 1Writer.
I have based my system on the following naming convention
ID Title.md. Where ID’s can have one or more levels divided by a
.. For example something like:
0.1.2.3 Test.md. All ID’s unique, and I link notes together with the ID’s so I can change the titles of stuff without changing all the links.
Currently I like how this works and how easy it is to sort and deal with stuff. But the various apps I use might seem weird to others.
- I use Drafts / paper notebooks for capture
- I use OmniOutliner for tasks and working things out
- Then I add it to The Archive / 1Writer when I’m ready to write a proper note
Feels like going back to basics and similar to my old note system in nvALT.