Long story short. About a year and a half ago my O.G AirPods started to fall apart. And I decided to give Plantronics a shot since a large part of what I use them for are running.
It didn’t really work out that great for me. The user experience isn’t even close to AirPods and after a year they started to fall apart. And about a week ago they actually fell apart. So I decided to get new AirPods. I went with the Pro’s.
Here are the good parts:
- I love how you just pack them up, open the case next to your iPhone and click connect
- I also love that I can charge them on the same magsafe thingy I use to charge my iPhone
- The sound is good for being pods
The bad parts:
- The battery life seems worse than my O.G’s
- It seems less intuitive to place this generation back in the correct hole in the charging case
- I always hate the process of figuring out the correct rubber tips to use
This far I think they are a good for going to the gym or walking outside. But I never use them for music at home. They’re too small and bluetooth for that.